Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Visceral Response


For my Visceral Response i chose a picture I took of a camel while I was in Kuwait. I love this picture, it reminds me of Sid the Sloth from Ice Age. Except with bigger teeth
When you first look at the picture it take you a second to identify it. Its not a picture you would think of when you think of a picture with a camel in it. 
The first thing I notice about the picture is all the different textures you see in the mouth.  My mind doesn't really know how to interpret them right away.  Its almost as if my eyes blur like a camera coming into focus while as my mind is readjusting my eyes so i can see it better. 
The pink in the roof of the mouth looks like a shriveled brain. Making it that much harder to compute what it is you are actually looking at.
Then there was teeth... monstrous teeth.  This picture makes the teeth look huge. I think that a result of the upward angle of the camera and the diagonal angles coming together to make a triangle.  

other aspect you cant help but see is the curves of the eyes and the nose. There are four distinct circles represented here.  The first two are the eyes. The third is the nose and the forth is the oval shape of the lips surrounding the upper and lower jaw. 
Another interesting aspect to this picture is that the horizontal lines dont stand out.   In fact, one could argue that horizontal lines do not exist in this picture.  There are only a few vertical in this picture. The lines created by ropes coming off the harness but that it. 
The teeth, in my opinion give this picture a 3 denominational feeling by separating the upper and lower jaws of the camel. 

The other awesome thing about this picture is what it looks like when you turn it upside down.  


LOOK AT THIS!!! (there was no picture modifications done this is simply the picture above turned upside down.)
- To me it looks like a cross between Alien and a tiger.

  
 To me it looks like a cross between Alien and a tiger.

No comments:

Post a Comment